Help Critink Win Best Local Blogger!
Hey guys! I’m from Hartford and the big alternative magazine down here does a yearly poll of everything Connecticut. It would be really, really awesome to win the best blogger one since, if I can attract more local attention, I can have more resources at hand to make a better blog!
I win, you win, everyone wins!
Here’s how you can help vote for critink in 30 seconds:
- [Clicky here]
- “Sign in” to vote. Leave the city blank.
- Under the categories, click media and education”
- Under “local blogger” click critink!
- Scroll down, click “submit and continue”
- You need to vote in 9 other categories. You can go vote at random or, if you go under arts, just enter the following in order to help some other great local artists! Real Art Ways, New Britain Museum of American Art, Charter Oak Cultural Center, New Britain Museum of American Art, Trinity College, Funny Bone, Playhouse on Park, La Paloma Sabanera, Jorgenson Center, (skip exhibit), New Britain Museum of American Art, (skip opening reception), La Paloma Sabanera, (skip the last three).
- Go down and hit finalize ballot!
If I win I will do a give away, or make you guys a video, or let you vote on some cool present I’ll get everyone. I promise!!!
I’ve put hours and hours into this blog and never asked for anything back until now :) Pretty please Tumblr!?
Those who dismiss tattoos as unclean, for criminals, or unnatural have to answer to the fact that is is more wide spread than almost any other art from throughout human history and culture…
(Source: dr0gon, via inspired--motivated)
I don’t like the “retard” joke, but this is pretty witty…
from an illustration by Norman Duenas
What do you think of Vladimir Franz, an artist and composer from the Czech Republic, who is running for president there? Oh, forgot to mention he's covered head to toe in tattoos.
There are a lot of presidential candidates in every country—far more than anyone realizes—but certain high profile cases tend to get a lot of press. I think it’s good publicity for people who have tattoos, but he’s not a serious candidate and his super vague platform is actually pretty shitty, outside of decrim. He believes in the European Union which is crap—look what EU loans have done to Greece! I’m not saying centralization is the problem, but interventions from the EU, IMF, NATO and other imperialist forces make life harder for the majority of people who work for a living. You know—people most likely to have tattoos.
Sorry to get so serious on everyone haha but shirts like “I want a tattooed president” get people really excited over really shallow stuff.
As far as I’m concerned, having tattoos doesn’t make you automatically an awesome person—just like it doesn’t make you unemployed, trashy, or anything else.
Let’s go through the list, shall we?
- Stalking Cat was a computer programmer before he passed away earlier this year. He was Native American and trying to become closer to his totem animal. Through this, he helped pioneer all types of body modification and holds several Guinness Book Records.
- Erik Sprague, aka Lizard Man, was a former PhD candidate. He has a bachelor’s in philosophy and is a performance artist: both through international side shows and as a music festival host.
- Maria Jose Cristerna aka “La Mujer Vampiro” (Vampire Woman) is the mother of four children and a fuckin’ lawyer. She started her transformation after getting out of an abusive marriage, and has talked out against domestic violence.
- Rick Genest aka Rico The Zombie is a fucking international model, has more sponsorships than any of us could ever hope, and was featured in Lady Gaga’s Born This Way video. Not bad for a 27-year old former homeless punk, I’d say.
I’m willing to bet you haven’t accomplished nearly as much as any one of these people. They’re not only heavily tattooed, but they’re also impressive as all hell in the “employed” department. But don’t worry about it—feel free to keep trying to make yourself feel better about your average life, average body, and average accomplishments.
Successful, employed, intelligent, body mod legends.